Millionaire Maker Slot Tournament Rules
CAESARS ENTERTAINMENT "Millionaire Maker"
Slot Tournament Official Rules
Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino, Las Vegas, Nevada
Tournament: November 15-17, 2013
Round Duration: 10 minutes
Tournament Registration will take place at the Registration Desk on Mezzanine Level, located at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino on Friday, November 15, 2013 from 5:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. Late registration will take place at the Registration Desk on the Mezzanine Level at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino on Saturday, November 16, 2013 from 9:00 a.m. until 10:00 a.m.
Playing times and machines will be assigned at Registration on a first-come, first-served basis by a random computer generated program. Participants will not play the same machine more than once during the Tournament.
Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino reserves the right to change any of the foregoing numbers and playing times up to the start time of the Millionaire Maker $1,000,000* Slot Tournament (the "Tournament").
- As used herein "Planet Hollywood" means PHW Manager, LLC on behalf of PHW Las Vegas, LLC d/b/a Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino and all of its affiliated and subsidiary companies.
- No purchase necessary to participate.
- Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Must be at least 21 years of age to participate and Participants must provide proof of age acceptable to Planet Hollywood.
- All Participants must have a Total Rewards Card; Total Rewards Cards are free and are available at the Total Rewards Center.
- This Tournament is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, including gaming, and all aspects of the Tournament are subject to the approval of appropriate regulatory authorities.
- All entries are subject to review and verification.
- Odds of winning dependent upon the number of participants. Planet Hollywood may limit the number of participants in the Tournament.
- Participants must show their Total Rewards Card and valid picture identification (driver's license, state identification card, or military identification card) in order to collect any prizes. If a participant is not a U.S. citizen, a current passport or alien registration card is required.
- Participants agree to allow Planet Hollywood the unconditional use of their name and likeness for promotions/advertising and announcements without compensation, consideration, notice, review, or consent, where permitted.
- Winners are responsible for any and all taxes, licenses, registrations and other fees.
- Tournament times are approximate. Planet Hollywood reserves the right to change Tournament times due to unforeseen or extenuating circumstances.
- All decisions regarding the interpretation of rules, eligibility, etc. for this promotion lie solely with Planet Hollywood whose decisions are final, subject to all applicable laws and regulations including but not limited to gaming regulations.
- Planet Hollywood reserves the right to modify or cancel this Tournament at any time, for any reason, subject to any applicable regulatory approval, provided that such modification shall not, as of the date of such modification, materially alter or change any participant's prize already awarded. Notice of any such modification is sufficient if posted at the Total Rewards Center.
- Planet Hollywood may disqualify any Participant for any prize based upon fraud, dishonesty, violation of promotional rules.
- Planet Hollywood is not liable for injuries or losses arising or resulting from participation in the Tournament and is not liable for any acts or omissions by employees, whether negligent or willful, in the conduct of the Tournament and is not liable in the event of any equipment or software malfunction.
- Planet Hollywood is not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, or illegible entries nor for electronic transmission errors or delays resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, hardware, software, or telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable connections, fraud, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions, whether caused by Planet Hollywood, users, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Tournament or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions which may limit, restrict, or prevent a participant's ability to participate in the Tournament.
- If for any reason the Tournament is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes within or beyond the control of Planet Hollywood which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Tournament, Planet Hollywood reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Tournament.
- Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any program or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Tournament may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Planet Hollywood reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent of the law.
- Prizes and entries are non-transferable.
- Entries will be retained as may be required by applicable regulation.
- Must be present to win.
- Employees of Planet Hollywood and its subsidiaries, affiliates or parent companies and immediate family members of the Planet Hollywood Las Vegas Marketing Department, Planet Hollywood Las Vegas Executive Team, or any employee, who is responsible for planning or executing the Tournament, are not eligible for this Tournament. Immediate Family is defined as: mother, father, spouse, brother, sister, children, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, mother-in-law, father-in-law, step-parents, step-children, grandmother, grandfather, grandchildren and any relative or other person residing in the employee's place of residence.
- Individuals who are excluded from casino facilities, including through a government program, at Planet Hollywood's discretion, or by their own request, are not eligible.
- By participating in this Tournament, Participants agree to comply with all rules contained herein.
- A copy of these rules and any changes will be available at the Total Rewards Center throughout the duration of this Tournament.
- Participants will be invited to participate in the Tournament based upon having a final rank of 1st through 200th place, inclusive of ties, in the National Slot League® or by winning a qualifying event at the various affiliates of Planet Hollywood, including, but not limited to: Harrah's, Caesars, Harveys, Horseshoe, Rio, Showboat, Roadhouse, Grand, Flamingo, The Quad, Bally's, and Paris. Planet Hollywood reserves the right to distribute additional entry invitations via other promotional means.
- Invitation includes one (1) entry into the Tournament. One person per entry. No teams, substitutes or assisted play.
- Each Participant must register for the Tournament at the Registration location indicated in the Tournament Summary above.
- Participants may participate in more than one qualifying event at more than one affiliated property, but may only be awarded one (1) entry into the Tournament based on the first qualifying event in which the player was awarded the invitation.
- If an invited winning participant from a qualifying event cannot play in the Tournament for any reason, that participant will forfeit their entry and the player with the next highest score at the affiliated property's qualifying event where the forfeiting player qualified will be invited to participate if practical, and if time permits, at the sole discretion of Planet Hollywood.
- If a Participant receives an entry into the Tournament via a qualifying event at an affiliated property, they may not be awarded an entry into the Tournament via the National Slot League, and the player with the next highest score in the National Slot League will be invited to participate if practical, and if time permits, at the sole discretion of Planet Hollywood.
- Participants must present their Total Rewards Card and valid ID at time of Registration.
- Any Participants who fail to register for the Tournament during the times listed above forfeit their spot in the Tournament.
- No walk-up Participants or Participants who have failed to timely register will be allowed to enter the Tournament.
- Each Participant must certify eligibility when registering for the Tournament. Each must complete a certification of eligibility and provide Tournament Officials with any additional information needed for Tournament records. This information may include the Participant's address, telephone number, social security number, and valid form of identification. Failure to provide this information will disqualify the Participant from the Tournament.
- Upon Registration, Participants will receive a Round ticket with their assigned playing times and machine numbers.
- Playing times and machine numbers are assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- The Tournament Captain reserves the right to change any of the foregoing numbers and playing times up to the start time of the Tournament.
- Hand-out copies of the Tournament Rules will be available at the Registration Desk on the Mezzanine Level.
- Tournament Officials will retain the official scorecards to record Participants' Tournament scores.
- Each scorecard will have the Participant's name and assigned session and machine number printed on it. During Registration, each Participant must review the information on their scorecards, making special note of their session times.
- Tournament play will take place in a designated area on the Mezzanine Level at Planet Hollywood (the "Tournament Zone").
- The Tournament Zone will contain the only slot machines eligible for play.
- Surveillance coverage of the Tournament Zone shall include unobstructed views of all Tournament slot machines and Participants during Tournament play.
- Immediately prior to each session, Scorekeepers will verify that all machine credits are reset to zero and that the machines are set for Tournament play.
- No coins are used for Tournament play; points will be generated instead of cash winnings. A meter on the slot machine will show points accumulated during each session.
- Participants will enter the Tournament area and position themselves in front of their assigned machines. Scorekeepers will verify that Participants are at their assigned machines.
- A Tournament Official will do a countdown. When the countdown is completed, session play will begin.
- The session will end when the time limit on the machine has expired.
- Scorekeepers will go to each machine and record each Participant's score on the Scorekeeper's official scorecard. The Participant and Scorekeeper will each sign the scorecard, thereby making the score official.
- Scorekeepers will gather the scorecards for that session and verify the legibility and accuracy.
- Tournament Officials will then reset all machines.
- A Scorekeeper will enter each Participant's score in the Tournament Scorecard (scorecard summarizing the scores of all Participants) at the end of the session. A second Tournament Official will proof the first Scorekeeper's entries to ensure accuracy.
- Tournament Participants are instructed to continue play in a session even if they suspect machine malfunction. If a Participant suspects machine malfunction, he/she is to contact a Scorekeeper or Tournament Official and tell him/her of his/her concerns immediately. The Scorekeeper will then notify the Tournament Captain. The Tournament Captain will notify Slot Performance personnel only if the Tournament Captain suspects that there is a machine tilt or if a reel comes off of the machine. If the Tournament Captain determines that either of the foregoing incidents has occurred, then the Tournament Captain shall contact Slot Performance personnel and request an evaluation of the machine after the session ends. Evaluation of all other claims of malfunction shall be made by the Tournament Captain.
- If the machine is determined to have malfunctioned, the Participant's score for that round will be disregarded, and he/she will be assigned another session and/or machine to make up his/her score.
- If it is determined the machine did not malfunction, the Participant's score will stand. It is important that Participants continue to play even if they suspect machine malfunction.
- In cases where machine malfunction is unquestionable, as witnessed by at least a Scorekeeper and the Tournament Captain, the Tournament Captain may call a fault and allow the Participant to stop playing.
- A limited number of stand-by machines may exist for the Tournament, but Planet Hollywood shall not be obligated to maintain or make such "stand-by" machines available for Tournament play. If a machine becomes inoperable during the Tournament, session assignment changes will be made to accommodate the play of all Participants. This may require the addition of one or more sessions to each round.
Other Rules and Regulations:
- All decisions made by Planet Hollywood shall be final.
- Planet Hollywood reserves the right to modify or cancel this Tournament at any time.
- Use of harsh or profane language to Planet Hollywood staff and/or Tournament Participants will not be tolerated and shall be grounds for DISQUALIFICATION.
- A participant will be eliminated from play if he/she is in violation of any of the Tournament rules or he/she voluntarily withdraws.
- Planet Hollywood house rules will prevail over any situation not covered in these Tournament rules. Planet Hollywood reserves the right to qualify or disqualify any person before, during or after the round(s).
- In consideration of participation in the promotion or receipt of a prize, Participant and prize winner agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless PHW Manager, LLC on behalf of PHW Las Vegas, LLC d/b/a Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino, its partners, agents, servants, employees, officers, affiliates, directors, subsidiary companies, successors and assigns of Planet Hollywood (Indemnified Parties) to the fullest extent permitted by law, from and against any and all claims, demands, liabilities, fines, suits, actions, proceedings, orders, decrees, judgments, damages, costs, charges and expenses of any kind or nature including reasonable attorney fees, in defending any of the above, arising from, resulting from, in connection with, or on account of the performance or non-performance of the promotion and the receipt, condition or quality of the prize or on account of any related action.
- Each Participant and prize winner for him/her self, his/her heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns, hereby releases and forever discharges PHW Manager, LLC on behalf of PHW Las Vegas, LLC d/b/a Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino from any and all manner of actions, causes of action, suits, debts, judgments, executions, claims and demands whatsoever now known, or unknown, in law and equity, that he/she ever had, now have, may have, or claim to have against any and all of the Indemnified Parties arising out of, or by reason of, the promotion and the receipt, condition, or quality of the prize or any other matter relating thereto.
- Planet Hollywood may change any rules as necessary to address questions and issues as they arise.
- Notice of changes to the Tournament rules are considered sufficient if posted at Tournament Area.
- Copies of these Tournament rules are available at the Tournament area and the Total Rewards Center.
- Planet Hollywood reserves all rights, including the right to modify or cancel this Tournament at any time, for any reason, subject to all applicable regulatory approval, provided that such a modification shall not, as of the date of such modification, materially alter or change any Participant's prize previously won. Management of Planet Hollywood reserves the right to cancel, change or modify the Tournament with prior written approval from the Nevada Gaming Control Board.
- The Tournament will consist of three (3) rounds. Each round consists of three (3) playing sessions, which are ten (10) minutes in duration each. Total number of sessions is dependent upon the total number of participants in the Tournament. Planet Hollywood shall have the right to add or delete sessions as needed.
- Tournament participants should be present in the Tournament Zone ten (10) minutes before their assigned playing time in order to participate.
- If situations arise in which a Participant is unable to play in his/her assigned session or is not present at the Tournament Zone at the start of their assigned playing time, the Participant may request the Tournament Captain to assign him/her to a different session. Such requests must be made prior to the beginning of the assigned session and shall be entirely at the Tournament Captain's discretion. Seating is limited and assignment to other sessions may not be possible.
- Tournament participants must play in all three (3) rounds to qualify for prizes.
- The top thirty (30) Participants with the highest combined scores from the three (3) scoring rounds will each win a prize in Cash depending on their finishing place.
- The Participant with the highest score at the end of the Tournament will win 1st Place Prize.
- The Participant with the 2nd highest score at the end of the Tournament will win 2nd Place Prize.
- The Participant with the 3rd highest score at the end of the Tournament will win 3rd Place Prize.
- The Participant with the 4th highest score at the end of the Tournament will win 4th Place Prize.
- The Participant with the 5th highest score at the end of the Tournament will win 5th Place Prize.
- The Participant with the 6th highest scores at the end of the Tournament will win 6th Place Prize.
- The Participant with the 7th highest score at the end of the Tournament will win 7th Place Prize.
- The Participant with the 8th highest score at the end of the Tournament will win 8th Place Prize.
- The Participant with the 9th highest score at the end of the Tournament will win 9th Place Prize.
- The Participant with the 10th highest score at the end of the Tournament will win 10th Place Prize.
- Prizes will continue in the above fashion until the top thirty (30) highest scoring Participants have been awarded prizes.
- In the event of a tie for any monetary prize position, except for First Place through Fifth Place, the tied Participants will split the total combined prize amount for each placing position. By way of example, if there is a tie between the two (2) Participants in 20th Place and 21st Place (20th Place = $1,000 and 21st Place = $500), then the tied Participants will split the combined prize amounts, so each Participant would receive $750 in Cash. By way of example, if there is a tie between two (2) Participants in 30th Place and 31st Place, then the tied Participants will split the prize amount for 30th Place only (as there is no prize for 31st Place) and each Participant would receive $250 in cash.
- In the event of a tie for any prize position where the prize is something which cannot be split, there will be a playoff between the tied Participants. The playoff round will follow the same format as the other Tournament rounds previously played. The winner of the playoff will receive the prize that cannot be split. Participants will play the playoff round at time of the official winners' announcement. If the tied Participants are not present they will be contacted by the Tournament Captain and advised to return to the property to play their playoff round, which may or may not be at the same time of the other tied Participants.
- Tied Participants will be notified of the playing time of the playoff round at the Tournament Winners Announcement (see Rule #91 below). Should a tied participant not show up at the specified playing time of their playoff round, they will forfeit their placing position and the prize will go to the remaining Participant.
- The Tournament Captain shall have discretion in making prize adjustments. He/she may round prize amounts to the nearest $5.00 to help facilitate pay out. He/she may waive the adjustment if Participant drop-off is minimal.
Tournament Prizes:1st Place Prize: $1,000,000* Cash Annuity ($50,000 a year for 20 years), or lump sum option.
2nd Place Prize: $25,000 Cash
3rd Place Prize: $10,000 Cash
4th Place Prize: $5,000 Cash
5th Place Prize: $2,500 Cash
6th – 20th Place Prize: $1,000 Cash (Each)
21st – 30th Place Prize: $500 Cash (Each)
- Names of the Tournament winners will be posted in the Tournament Area and announced at the Awards Reception on Sunday, November 17, 2013 at 3:00 p.m.
- Winning guests have until 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, November 17, 2013, except for the first place prize winner, to claim their prize at the Registration Desk on the Mezzanine Level or Cashier Cage. All unclaimed prizes will be forfeited.
- The lump sum option, if chosen by the First Place winner, will be discounted to the value necessary to equate the value of the annuity chosen on the date of election as provided for in Nevada Gaming Commission Regulation 5.115. Annuity is subject to approval of the Nevada Gaming Control Board. Grand Prize winner will be allotted sixty (60) days from the conclusion of the Validation Period to decide upon form of prize payment.
- Tournament winnings may be subject to reporting and withholding pursuant to federal IRS regulations, and Participants are required to cooperate with Planet Hollywood in completing necessary forms. Participants who refuse to complete to Planet Hollywood's satisfaction may result in Planet Hollywood withholding winnings or forfeiture of winnings by the Participant.
Tournament Prize Package:
- Prize Package is valued at $1,062,500 paid in Cash.
- Planet Hollywood reserves the right to substitute prizes that have or have not been awarded as long as the value is substantially the same as the original prize offered in the event that the original prize becomes unavailable.
- Certain restrictions and blackout dates may apply.